Stick Figure - Set in Stone

Set in Stone (2015) by Stick Figure (Bandcamp album link)

 
Wow.   Bandcamp has this thing where they show the albums/songs that are being bought in real time on their home page and I was just watching the albums slide by and I saw Stick Figure.   I liked the name and the album art so I gave them a shot.   Well praise the gods  for helping me discover these guys.  Actually it looks like this is more of a one-man project as the blurb on Bandcamp says:

"From the musical imagination of Scott Woodruff emerges a vibrant sonic soundscape, revealed in the newest Stick Figure release, Set in Stone. As with his previous releases, Set in Stone was written, produced and recorded and mixed by Woodruff, a self-taught musician."

That is my kind of guy.    Another thing that I like is the fact that the lyrics are quite intelligible, intelligent and included in written form on Bandcamp as well.

Now the beats here are of the reggae style but still seem quite fresh.   That´s the criticism I hear a lot about reggae-style music, all the songs sound the same, that same old beat all the time.   However,  there is enough variation here to keep me interested.  

Usually I recommend a track or two (or more) as the best place to start but I am not going to do that here.   I would suggest  just starting at the beginning of the album.   I think all the songs are good.

Well I really look forward to hearing more by Stick Figure.   I just checked out their discography page on Bandcamp and there are a bunch of other albums.    Nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All My SHT (As of July 2023)

All My SHT (As of May 2021)

Our Bog Is Dood - by SHT Musik