Dad Band - video short - five stars


DAD BAND

A short film about old guys playin´music. Yes, very funny. "I said that the only way I was going to do this was as a vehicle for my own voice." As a songwriter myself that line really made me laugh. Where there is art, good, bad or ugly, there is always pretentiousness.



I wish that this were the pilot for a series. Will I ever not think of this when I´m playing music for the rest of my life? No, this will haunt me. But bands are always funny. A tiny percentage actually make a decent living and the rest sacrifice a lot for music. It´s easy to laugh at. The episodes of Friends where Ross is doing his keyboard music and, "the sound", cracked me up too. Spinal Tap, Electric Apricot, Wayne´s World, are all hilarious. Feel free to add more examples of your own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All My SHT (As of July 2023)

All My SHT (As of May 2021)

Our Bog Is Dood - by SHT Musik