MC Lars - Ahab

So I see that MC Lars has just released some new music. Check out my review of it at the end of this blog.  Anyway,  the track I would encourage everybody to listen to is his song Ahab.  It is based on Moby Dick and I find it hilarious.    If you are familiar with the book, or even just with the basic story line,  you might find this song amusing as well.  
AHAB

One more song that I would recommend is called 23 and it is about suicide.   Unfortunately Lars lost a close friend to suicide which inspired the song.   It´s a very sad topic but the song and video really did turn out nice. 

23

 
Here is my quick review of  MC Lars´ newest offering (as far as I know). 

The Jeff Sessions

I am listening to it for the first time right now.   The first song is about cyberbullying and I agree with the sentiment in spite of the fact that nobody wants to feel that people are preaching at them.  The second song is called  Boy´s Club and it seems to be about boys being boys, farting playing video games, etc.   Not bad but not a track I would back to.   Next comes Huck Finn on the Run.   Now I am always a fan of bringing "Literature" into pop culture, and this song is pretty good, but I´d be lying if I said that I like it as much as
Ahab.   Cops & Monsters comes next, a sleepy-sad rap that I can´t help but be moved by it a teeny bit.   We now come to Spaceman Spiff.   I don´t know if this is based on a TV show or what.   If the Marty and somebody knows leave me a comment below. The sixth track is The Rick & Morty Song, based on the TV program.   I  would say this song is mostly for true fans of the show.   Dear Dat Boi, Come Home is the next song and it is about the typical person that finds success and fschalls out of contact with their old family and friends.   The next song is Schrödinger´s Cat so you can guess what it is about.  The whole idea of the cat being both alive and dead is interesting but in the end it how much does it really matter to me?  I am the Liquor, Randy is the final track.    It is about "Nova  Scocia´s finest" and alcoholism.     

Overall, I have to say that Lars´  older albums are still my favorites.   I will probably go back and listen to these new songs again but I don´t know if there are any that will make my permanent playlist.   However,    Lars has lots of other cool stuff if you´re liking what you´re hearing.   Enjoy.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All My SHT (As of July 2023)

All My SHT (As of May 2021)

Our Bog Is Dood - by SHT Musik