If It Was Up To Me - Stabilo

If It Was Up To Me - Stabilo

I don´t remember how exactly  I came across the Canadian group Stabilo but I am glad I did.   They formed in 1999 in British Columbia and were relatively successsful in Canada.   They released a couple of albums and seemed to be on the rise but in 2011 they announced that they were going on permanent hiatus.   As usual, I discovered them right as they were breaking up.    However, they left us some really cool music.

IF IT WAS UP TO ME

 

 One of my personal favorites is If It Was Up To Me.

"If it was up to you, I'd be happy and I'd
Write songs that made you happy too
I can't seem to care much for these things
That you call life "

It´s a pretty dark song but really good stuff.

The other Stabilo song that is on my heavy rotation playlist is Everybody. 

EVERYBODY 


As far as I can tell If It Was Up To Me wasn´t one of Stabilo´' s hits.  However, Everybody seems to have been quite successful.   I, and a lot of other people,  can relate to a lot of what this song talks about.  

 'Cause everybody wants, and everybody needs
Everybody asks for one more piece
Everybody wants to hear someone say please
'Cause everybody takes, and everybody steals
Everybody cries when something feels
Everybody is looking for the drug that heals


While writing this blog I discovered a cover version of another one of Stabilo´s more successful songs, Flawed Design.   You can check it out below.  

 

So RIP Stabilo.  "So long and thanks for all the fish."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All My SHT (As of July 2023)

All My SHT (As of May 2021)

Our Bog Is Dood - by SHT Musik