Evan Dando - All My Life

Even if you aren´t into obscure indie music you probably still have heard of The Lemonheads and/or their most famous song, their cover of Mrs. Robinson.  They have a number of catchy pop songs that brought them fame in the ´80s and ´90s.    However, Evan Dando, the frontman and main member of The Lemonheads. put out a solo album in 2005 after a long period of inactivity that some of you may have missed.   This album, Baby, I´m Bored,  seems more serious than The Lemonheads´  songs and the story I read was that he had been hitting the drugs pretty hard for quite a while and this solo album was him coming back to the world of music.     Here I give you my favorite songs off of Evan Dando´s first solo album that I really think are worth giving a listen.

This first song, All My Life, has come to mind so many times in my life when I have questioned my priorities and motivations for doing things.     The main line of the chorus is "All my life I thought I needed all the things I didn´t need at all."  Usually when a true crisis arises all my regular little worries disappear and I have a moment of clarity as I see what is really important.  To me that is what this song is about and I am guessing that it has to do with Evan´s getting clean and getting his priorities straight although that is just my guess.   So without further ado...

ALL MY LIFE - EVAN DANDO


Another song about getting your priorities straight is Why Do You Do This To Yourself.  The title and lyrics of this song are quite self explanatory so I won´t even bother to give my two cents on the topic.

WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELF - EVAN DANDO



The last song that I am going to recommend is Hard Drive which was written by Australian indie musician Ben Lee, who I will be covering in a future post.

HARD DRIVE - EVAN DANDO



I am always looking for more cool music.   I would welcome any recommendations and if you find a broken link or any other problem please let me know.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All My SHT (As of July 2023)

All My SHT (As of May 2021)

Our Bog Is Dood - by SHT Musik