Neil Young - Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

Neil Young is so famous that you might think that you´ve heard all his best stuff. However, there is one little-known gem that is worth checking out.    The song is the title track from the album Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere.  It was recorded  with Young´s trusty backup group Crazy Horse and came out in 1969.   Although the album contains a lot of Young´s better-known songs like Cinnamon Girl, Cowgirl in the Sand, and Down by the River, I had never heard Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere until I bought the album.  The song says:

Everybody seems to wonder
What it's like down here
I gotta get away
from this day-to-day
running around,
Everybody knows
this is nowhere.

Was Neil missing his native Canada after being in the US for a while?   I don´t know.   I do know that this is a very catchy song and one of my favorites, especially because I haven´t heard it a gazillion times like all his hits.    

EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS IS NOWHERE


BONUS:

There are a number of live Neil Young albums out there but my very favorite is Live At The Cellar Door.   It´s Neil Young solo with a big ol´ piano and just the banter between songs is worth the price of admission.    Young is hilarious with his deadpan humor.   

LIVE AT THE CELLAR DOOR (TRAILER)



As always, if you know of any lesser-known tracks that you would like to recommend please leave a comment. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All My SHT (As of July 2023)

All My SHT (As of May 2021)

Our Bog Is Dood - by SHT Musik