Tom Petty - Storytellers

Tom Petty  (RIP 1950-2017)

I heard the news today, oh boy.    I am really sad to hear that Tom Petty is no longer with us.    Unlike other musicians who I have covered in this blog, I don´t really know of any forgotten songs that people might have missed.    However, some people might not have had the pleasure of listening or watching his VH1Storytellers program.   I have never seen the video but I have listened to the album many times.    Tom was just hilarious, like his music, in a very simple but authentic way.   Here is his dialogue about the movie Titanic.

TOM PETTY - VH1 STORYTELLERS TITANIC



Tom goes on to give some background about many of his hit songs and this is what makes the show truly special.  He talks about the censoring of the lines "Let´s get to the point/let´s smoke another joint"  from You Don´t  Know How It Feels and tells many other entertaining stories.   I highly recommend that you watch or listen to the show.  

 TOM PETTY - VH1 STORYTELLERS (FULL)

 

Also, here is the VH1 Behind The Music program on Tom Petty.  Enjoy.

Tom Petty 1999 VH1 Behind The Music

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All My SHT (As of July 2023)

All My SHT (As of May 2021)

Our Bog Is Dood - by SHT Musik