Repo Man soundtrack

Now the music I am recommending here is a little different than what I usually listen to.    The film Repo Man came out in 1984. Emilio Extevez stars in the movie and it has become a cult classic.   The soundtrack is a wonderful time capsule of indie/punk music that was popular at the time.   The whole album is fun to listen to but I am going to single out three of my personal favorites.

The first is the classic Institutionalized by Suicidal Tendencies.  This songs captures the tension between teens and their parents better than any other song that I know.

INSTITUTIONALIZED

 




The next song is from an equally epic band from back in the day, Black Flag.     The song title tells you exactly what the song is about and it also mentions some of the hit TV programs of the time.

Monday Night Football!
Jeffersons!
Vega$!

TV PARTY

 

The last song from the Repo Man soundtrack that I would like to mention is Pablo Picasso by Burning Sensations.    This is the strangest and funniest song of the album and the lyrics have stuck with me through all these long years.   "Pablo Picasso was never called an asshole!"

PABLO PICASSO


So there you have it, my favorite songs from a great soundtrack of a funny and original indie movie that is a window into the early-'80s punk culture and also shows the disintegration of American society.   

As always, if you know of any other similar songs or anything else related to this post please leave a comment.    


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All My SHT (As of July 2023)

All My SHT (As of May 2021)

Our Bog Is Dood - by SHT Musik