Edie Brickell & New Bohemians: More than just “What I Am”





I think that a lot of people write Edie Brickell & New Bohemians off as just another one-hit-wonder band   which I don´t agree with at all.     Yes, they only had one really big hit but their first and second albums both contain a number of thoughtful and interesting songs.     After she went solo I kinda lost interest in Edie Brickell but that takes nothing away from what the band did with these first two albums.     I have read a number of interesting stories about how Edie joined the group and if you are interested these stories are easy to find online.    I was pleased to see that American Songwriter is giving Edie Brickell and also New Bohemians a bit of recognition as well.     Check out the link below to the article in American Songwriter about "What I Am".

Edie Brickell & New Bohemians, “What I Am”





I also encourage you to go back and give a listen to the whole first album, Shooting Rubberbands at the Stars, (personal favorites: Little Ms. S and Nothing)

and their second album, Ghost of a Dog (personal favorites: Ghost of a Dog and He Said).




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All My SHT (As of July 2023)

All My SHT (As of May 2021)

Our Bog Is Dood - by SHT Musik