Rick Beato - "What makes this song great."

Well the name of this guy´s YouTube channel, Everything Music, just about says it all.   Rick Beato is a music teacher, musician, producer, songwriter and overall music lover.    He has a lot of videos about music theory, how to practice, discussion about what is happening in the music world like Gibson going bankrupt, etc. but for me his most interesting videos are from his series "What makes this song great."  In these videos he dissects famous hit songs and analyzes what it is exactly that makes the song so good.    Below is the link to one of my favorites, On A Plain by Nirvana.   He plays certain tracks in isolation and you can really hear what is going on in the song.   I always knew that this song was cool but Rick breaks it all down for you.   What I found most interesting was when he explains  the interaction between the guitar and vocals in the song. 

WHAT MAKES THIS SONG GREAT

 NIRVANA - ON A PLAIN



If you are interested in ear training at all you should also check out Rick´s video about his son´s perfect pitch.   It really is amazing.     

PERFECT PITCH - THE WORLD´S GREATEST EAR



Since I hate Apple products I can´t help but include Rick´s video about Apple.   I can´t believe how many Apple devices he owns or how down on the company he is. 

APPLE:  IT´S GOOD IF YOU LIKE CRAP



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All My SHT (As of July 2023)

All My SHT (As of May 2021)

Our Bog Is Dood - by SHT Musik