Ani Difranco - Freakshow

I forgot to include one of my favorite Ani songs in my other post.   The song is Freakshow and it is from the album To The Teeth (1999).    It is all about the world of show business and how the audience only sees the show and not what goes on behind the scenes.    I think for entertainers we common folk seem a bit like muggles to them.   So the song explores this topic and because it came out right around the time I saw Ani live it really reminds me of that great concert and of how she put on such an awesome show for so few people.

Life in the circus ain't easy
But the folks on the outside don't know
The tent goes up and the tent comes down
And all that they see is the show
And the ladies on the horses look so pretty
And the lions are lookin' real mad
And some of the clowns are happy
And some of the clowns are sad
But underneath
There's another expression
That the makeup isn't making
Life under the big top
It's about freedom
It's about faking
There's an art to the laughter
There's a science
And there's a lot of love and compliance
Welcome to the freak show
Here we go.
 

FREAKSHOW 

 

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All My SHT (As of July 2023)

All My SHT (As of May 2021)

Our Bog Is Dood - by SHT Musik